What is Chlorine?
- Chlorine is the most common sanitizer used in swimming pools.
How is the level of Chlorine measured?
- The chlorine level in pools is measured in PPM (Parts Per Million).
What is the correct chlorine level for my swimming pool?
- The correct level for Chlorine in a swimming pool is between 1.0 ppm and 3.0 ppm.
What happens if my Chlorine level is too high?
- A high Chlorine level will create an unsafe swimming environment as well as bleach clothing and damage plastic parts.
How do I lower my Chlorine level?
- The safest way to lower a high Chlorine level is to let the sun burn it off naturally.
What happens if my Chlorine level is too low?
- Low Chlorine will promote rapid bacteria growth in your pool water. This will cause an unsafe swimming environment as well as promote the growth of algae.
How do I raise my Chlorine level?
- Simply add a Chlorine Based Shock Treatment to your pool. Be sure to add the recommended dosage.
How do I maintain my Chlorine level?
- Simply add the recommended amount of Chlorine for your size pool.
When is the best time to add Chlorine?
- Chlorine is most effective when added at night when the sun can not burn it off.
What types of Chlorine are available?
- Chlorine is available in Granular, 1” Tablet, 3” Tablet, Slow release and Fast release forms.
Which form is the best to use?
- This is a matter of personal preference. Choose the form you feel most comfortable working with.